Source : Pixabay.com
What is yIGF Myanmar?
The Youth Internet Governance Forum-Myanmar is a youth organization that aims to advocate Internet Governance and to create a youth open platform for expressing the ideas and exchange thoughts on Internet Governance in Myanmar.
yIGF-Myanmar is one of the Youth Internet Governance Forums (IGFs) like othe nations which is trying to organize a specific forum that discusses the issues pertaining to the Internet arena from the youth’s point of view (National, Regional and youth IGF initiatives, NRIs Toolkit | Internet Governance Forum (intgovforum.org). Fully complying with the IGF criteria and procedures, yIGF-Myanmar has been recognized as an official IGF initiative by the United Nations IGF Secretariat on 9 March, 2022 (www.intgovforum.org/en/content/youth-initiatives).
As our aim is to advocate Internet Governance and to create a youth open platform for expressing the ideas and exchange thoughts on Internet Governance in the local community, some of the youth committee members out of 15, are gathered for organizing the very first Youth Internet Governance Forum in Myanmar.
On the other hand, the United Nations IGF Secretariat supports the website, contact mail and mailing list addresses and Zoom platform. Moreover, the people who would like to receive the updates of yIGF-Myanmar can also join our community network by filling out the registration form and then subscribe to our mailing list address (How to Get Involved | Youth Internet Governance Forum (intgovforum.org)). To know more about us, please visit our website : yIGF Myanmar | Internet Governance Forum (intgovforum.org).
To advocate Internet Governance for a meaningful, inclusive, trustworthy and safer Internet through yIGF Myanmar.
- To become one of the UN recognized youth initiatives of Internet governance.
- To raise awareness of Internet Governance policies and issues among young people
- To bridge the Internet Governance community and Myanmar youths for shaping the harmonious Internet community
- To encourage youth participation in Regional and Global IGF to discuss and raise Internet issues.
- To empower future generations to organize the annual Youth Internet Governance Forum in Myanmar in accordance with our core values; open, transparent, inclusive, bottom-up and steering the multi-stakeholders collaboration.
Motto : Get involved and Raise Your Voice for the growth of the Internet Community